mould removal

The Health Risks of Mould Exposure

Mould is a type of fungus and it can be very dangerous to you and your family’s health if it builds up in your home. If you notice any patches of mould on your walls or ceiling, there is no time to waste! You need to address the problem as soon as possible so you don’t risk your family’s health and safety. Learn how to remove mould from your home today with these helpful tips!

 

Mould: What It Is And Why It’s Dangerous?

As we mentioned before, mould is a type of fungus that grows quite well in moist environments such as bathrooms, basements, kitchens and other areas where water collects.

The spores are released into the air where they can cause allergic reactions for those who suffer from asthma or other respiratory conditions.

Mould exposure can lead to headaches, respiratory problems, nausea and it can even potentially cause a person to develop lung cancer.

How Can I Tell If There’s A Problem?

As a precautionary measure, you should regularly check for any leaks around your home that might be causing the humidity level of your room to rise – this will help prevent mould from forming on your walls and ceilings.

In terms of what type of damage you’ll see if there’s a problem with mould build-up, you’ll usually notice discoloured walls with offensive odours as well as peeling paint or wallpaper.

What Do I Need To Do About It?

The first thing you need to do is cut back on the humidity levels in the room. You can do this by installing a dehumidifier or by opening a window to allow fresh air to circulate.

Once you’ve done that, you need to clean the mould off of the walls and ceilings. You can use a commercial cleaner or make your own by mixing equal parts of vinegar and water together. Be sure to wear gloves and a mask when cleaning mould as it can be harmful if inhaled.

Preventing Mould From Returning Prevention is always better than cure, so once you’ve cleaned up the mould in your home, take some steps to ensure that it doesn’t come back.

First things first, make sure that you address any leaks around your home as soon as you notice them – this will help to keep the humidity levels down. You should also clean your gutters regularly so that water doesn’t collect and cause more mould to grow.

Finally, install a ventilation system in your bathroom and kitchen to help remove any excess moisture from the air.

With these simple tips, you can rest assured knowing that your home is free from dangerous mould! Stay safe and healthy!

Conclusion

If you notice any patches of mould on your walls or ceiling, there is no time to waste! You need to address the problem as soon as possible so you don’t risk your family’s health and safety. The first thing you need to do is cut back on the humidity levels in the room by installing a dehumidifier or opening a window.

Once that has been done, clean off all remaining traces of mold from surfaces with the vinegar-water mixture, gloves, and mask. Prevention is always better than cure; take care of leaks around the home before they become an issue too big for anyone to handle alone.

Lastly, be sure not to leave damp areas unattended as this can lead to more serious problems such as molds building up within floors and walls. Early detection and a little elbow grease will take care of the problem and keep the family safe from any respiratory issues.